Building Operator - Edmonton ~ Western Canada, AB,BC,SK,MB ~ Nevian Consulting & Placement Services
View All Jobs
|Building Operator - Edmonton
This job has expired.
Click here to see a list of current positions.
Our client is looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual to join, their property management team as a building operator reporting to the Senior Property Manager located in Edmonton. This is a commercial property and the ideal candidate will have experience in this field.
- Monitor the physical operation of the building mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems; perform equipment and area inspections recording conditions, activities and status;
- Develop an in depth working knowledge of all building related systems, including HVAC, Electrical, Life Safety, generators, Pneumatic systems and controls, etc;
- General maintenance including housekeeping such as sweeping, litter pick up, snow shoveling under 2 inches; over see the responsibilities of the maintenance staff;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as per schedule and within alloted time.
- Record all pertinent information relating to each task upon completion;
- Conduct daily operating checks on all systems critical to the efficient operation of the building. Ensure that all systems are operating within specified tolerance;
- Perform Life Safety and Fire Protection Systems testing and inspections; participate in building fire drills and Tenant education programs;
- Maintain inventory of supplies, tools, filters, fuses, lamps, ballasts, plumbing supplies and HVAC parts;
- Communicate repairs or major expenses to the Property Manager;
- Coordinate to obtain quotations to perform building repairs and forward to the Property Manager for approval; liaise with the Edmonton property staff to ensure best rates
- Supervise, monitor, direct the duties carried out by the mechanical, electrical, security and maintenance contract staff to ensure tasks are completed as per contract specifications;
- Log and respond to tenant requests in keeping with building service objectives and to ensure a high level of tenant satisfaction
- Take corrective measures in completing tenant work orders as required;
- Responsible for 24 hour emergencies and escalating them to the appropriate individuals; carry a mobile phone. Respond to calls after normal working hours;
- Provide written daily operational reports;
- Provide recommendations relative to improving cost efficiency and effectiveness of procedures and operations and/or eliminating potential exposures;
- Participate in preparing annual building operating and capital expenditure forecast budget;
- Monitor operational expenditures to ensure they stay within budget; ensure repairs projects are completed on a timely basis and within approved budget parameters;
- Maintain the facilities in a clean and safe condition at all times for its occupants and visitors;
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of all building equipment;
- Perform general maintenance and repair, including changing of lights, ceiling tiles
- Participate in corporate occupational health and safety program;
- Assist with issues arising from waste, recycling and hazardous materials
- Remain current and up to date with new industry practices, legislative changes and new technologies;
- Other assigned duties.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- Minimum 5 years experience in a maintenance/operations capacity
- Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment
- Knowledge of hand tools, basic plumbing repairs, basic electrical repairs.
- Knowledge of building systems and HVAC preventative maintenance.
- Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines under pressure with quality results
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally