- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers in person or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Understands and communicates complex financial proposals and contracts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Attends trade shows and demos products.
- Demonstrates instrumentation including setup and break down.
- Required to meet company assigned sales objectives.
- Coordinates problem solving for customer covering reagents, kits, procedures, adaptations, software upgrades, and instruments as appropriate
- Supplies appropriate telephone support and documentation regarding all above mentioned issues.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the market as well as the competition.
- Works with coworkers to keep account activities and literature up to date
- Facilitates pre-site installation inspections as required.
- Gives presentations where requested
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firms production and delivery schedules.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Helps in updating and maintaining technical/competitive product files.
- Works on special projects as assigned by management.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contract for orders obtained
- Bachelor’s Degree from four year college or university preferred
- Two or more years related experience
- CSMLS accreditation preferred
- Must be able to travel 60% of the time. Ability to travel internationally.
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong personal computer skills, including knowledge of Contact Management systems, Database Software, and MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs