- Completes external validation and statistical analysis of performance of reagents and instrumentation.
- Assists with problem solving for customers covering reagents, kits, procedures, adaptations, software upgrades and instruments as appropriate.
- Assists customers and the service department with instrumentation as well as generic product trouble shooting as appropriate.
- Documentation regarding all above mentioned issues.
- Performs customer in-house and on-site product training/demonstrations as necessary
- Interacts with the Advanced Technical Specialist (ATS) for advanced training and troubleshooting.
- Reviews and updates competitive instrument adaptation protocols for customers using generic reagents.
- Performs pre-site installation inspections as required.
- Supplies appropriate telephone support.
- Performs training and guidance to internal customers.
- Furnishes leads based upon technical calls.
- Gives technical lectures where requested.
- Represents Field Support Group at seminars, conventions, meetings, & wet workshops as necessary.
- Helps in updating and maintaining technical/competitive product files.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the market as well as the competition.
- Work on special projects as assigned by management.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Strong personal computer skills, including knowledge of Excel, MS Office Suite and company software.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from four-year college or university or equivalent required
- MT(ASCP) Certification or equivalent strongly preferred
- Minimum five years experience as a Medical Technologist with coagulation exposure
- Valid driver’s license required
- Travel required based on territory and company needs
- Bilingualism an asset