A. Provides Human Resources support in the areas of Human Resources legislation particularly as it applies to Compensation Management, Recruitment and Selection, Terminations, Human Rights Issues, Health and Safety, Training and Development and HR Projects by:
- Assisting in the maintenance requirements of Pay Equity by reviewing wage scales and incumbents for exceptions and maintaining records.
- Creating, editing and revising Job Descriptions and Evaluations
2. Recruitment and Selection
- Assisting in the creation of Job Descriptions, postings and advertisements
- Scheduling and conducting preliminary or secondary interviews
3. Terminations and Human Rights
- Creating severance letters and documentation as required.
- Conducting Exit Interviews.
- Attending workshops, trade meetings and reading extensively on current changes in the field.
4. Health and Safety
- Assisting in the provision of Health and Safety information and materials such as posters, policies, etc. as required to stores and divisional offices as per provincial legislation; coordinating wellness programs for associates.
- Serving as a member of the Health and Safety Committee.
5. Training and Development
- Assisting in assessing training needs and organizing training as required.
6. HR Projects
- Providing specialized reports for management from the HRIS system as requested.
- Creates ad hoc reports for special queries.
B. Provides administrative support and back up to the Human Resources and Benefits departments by:
- Processing new enrollments/changes/terminations and maintaining up-to-date benefit records in the file systems.
- Responding knowledgeably to queries, and following up to ensure that claims are fairly adjudicated or issues resolved.
- Producing standard reports and developing new or unique reports, as requested.
C. Helps maintain departmental productivity by providing support on special projects, as assigned, such as special mailings, drafting letters and memos, revisions to manuals, etc.
D. Provides excellent customer service within the scope of own authority in a friendly manner and disseminating information to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
E. Enhances the HR/Benefits team’s service and productivity by:
- Keeping immediate superior informed of all significant problems and concerns relative to own areas of responsibilities, as well as broader issues that may arise.
- Suggesting means to streamline work.
F. Maintains customer confidence and protects company records by keeping information confidential.
- Detail-oriented and service-minded with good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Human Resources and Benefit policies/procedures.
- Solid understand of Quebec policies and Legislations
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience with HRIS systems - HR and Benefits Applications.
- Previous experience with HRIS queries would be an asset.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Must strive for 100% accuracy.
- Ideal candidate would have CHRP or working toward designation within HR
- English [Advanced], French [Advanced]