- Responsible for the functional and technical analysis, design, programming, testing and maintenance of company webbased software products and internally developed support systems.
- Work closely with a highly skilled tight-knit team on the implementation of new product initiatives.
- Own the technical aspects of deliverables and keep a close eye on estimates, status, productivity and code quality.
- Proactive, able to work with minimum supervision, and manage deliverables under tight deadlines in a fastpaced, changing environment.
- Write highly optimized and engineered PHP code
- Debug and optimize pre-existing code
- Utilize best practices with technologies such as Memcached to ensure fast processing in high load situations
- The ability to work with source code control and analysis tools, unit testing frameworks, and a continuous integration environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate issues
- Ability to set goals, and achieve scheduled deadlines
- Develop and maintain our server side applications
- Research and gather requirements for product development
- Work with managers and developers to ensure projects release on time
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Uphold our internal Quality Policy and Objectives
- Perform all other duties as required
- Overtime as required
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in Object-Oriented PHP, software engineering,
design patterns, and agile methodology.
- Demonstrate a track record of innovative problem solving and written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum 3+ year experience in LAMP development
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven track record of programming dynamic web applications that utilize a backend database for persistent data storage.
- Experience developing mobile web-based applications for Apple iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms is an asset
- Good understanding of web-related protocols such as HTTP, SSL/SSH, FTP and TCP